The Sivadas-HEB Education Fund invites Hindu students from low-income families pursuing tertiary education to apply for financial assistance to help them meet the cost of their education. Students can apply for either a Tuition Subsidy or an Education Grant.
Applications for the Sivadas-HEB tertiary bursaries are normally open in April/May and September/October annually.
Calls for students to apply for these bursaries are advertised in the Straits Times, posted on the HEB website and on HEB’s Facebook page. Requests are also sent directly to all public and approved private tertiary institutions in May and September to alert students of the availability of the assistance scheme.
Notes to applicants:
1.The application form is to be completed by the student applying for assistance. Applicants below the age of 18 must have their applications endorsed by their Parent or Guardian) Please write legibly.
2. Applicants must attach copies of educational certificates and supporting documents with the application and produce originals when called for an interview.
3. Please provide details of all family members living in the same household and copies of the latest payslip, income declaration or letter from the employer for all employed (full-time/part-time) members of the family living in the same household.
4. Copies of Student IC, Student ID & family members’ IC must be provided.
5. Education Grants (EduGrant) are one-off grants for a specific category, namely ITE, Polytechnic (Poly) or University (Uni). Applicants who have previously received an EduGrant should not re-apply under the same category. They can apply if they are now in a different category (for example, from ITE to Poly).
6. Applications for May 2018 is closed.
The Sivadas-HEB Committee will give financial assistance to students who are:-
- Must be Singapore citizens or permanent residents
- Must be Hindus
- Monthly household per capita income (total monthly household income divided by number of persons in the household) must not exceed $1900
- For students enrolled in a Singapore registered Private Education Institution (PEI) approved by the Council of Private Education (CPE) and pursuing a course leading to a first diploma or a first degree conferred by well established universities and institutions
- In adddition, applicants for the Tuition Subsidy must be enrolled in a PEI that has been awarded the EduTrust Star or EduTrust (4 year award) by the Council of Private Education
- The tuition subsidy will be limited to a maximum of 50% of the yearly tuition fee subject to a maximum of $6,000 per year, according to the year of study or any other amount as determined by the Sivadas-HEB Education Fund Committee
- For students pursuing a first undergraduate degree at the following institutions: NUS, NTU, SMU, SIT and SUTD
- For students pursuing an undergraduate degree in UniSIM and who are in receipt of a tuition fee subsidy from the Government
- For students pursuing a first diploma in Nanyang Polytechnic, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Republic Polytechnic, Singapore Polytechnic or Temasek Polytechnic
- For students pursuing a course in any of the Ministry of Education’s Institutes of Technical Education
- Grant is a one time award up to a maximum of $1000 to $1,500