Sri Mariamman Temple Maha Kumbabishegam Sunday, 12 February 2023
- Viewing Points Part of South Bridge Road will be closed to form the viewing area for devotees. Entrances to the viewing area are located at either end of South Bridge Road as shown in the map (back of booklet). All devotees are requested to come early and follow the instructions given by the Temple officials. LED walls will be placed strategically along South Bridge Road and at Annathanam area for devotees to view the Maha Kumbabishegam Ceremony.
- Devotees can watch the livestream of the preceding events and Maha Kumbabishegam on HEB’s social media platforms (Facebook & YouTube).
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/hinduendowmentsboard
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hinduendowmentsboard
- Entry into the Temple Devotees will be allowed to enter the Temple through the Raja Gopuram Entrance after the Maha Kumbabishegam and Alangaram prayers. Temple officials will guide devotees into the Temple. Huge turnout is expected for the event, please expect delays to enter the temple.
- Footwear Footwear is not to be worn in the Temple. Plastic bags will be provided for devotees to keep their footwear and carry it along with them when entering the Temple.
- Annathanam (Serving of blessed food) Annathanam will be served opposite Maxwell Food Centre from 9.00am. Directional signs will be displayed to guide devotees to the food serving area.
- Road Closure
- South Bridge Road
- Mohamed Ali Lane
- Temple Street
- Ang Siang Hill
- Erskine Road
- Spring Street
- Banda Street
- Devotees attending the Maha Kumbabishegam by Taxi or Private Hire Vehicles are adviced to alight at the following locations and walk to the viewing sectors:
- Maxwell Road near MND Building
- Neil Road
- Tanjong Pagar Road
- New Bridge Road
- Upper Cross Street via Chinatown MRT Exit “F”
- Cross Street Exchange via Cross St
- Car Park Facilities
- MND Building (Maxwell Road)
- The URA Centre East Wing
- Peck Seah Street
- Keong Saik Steet
- Cross Street Exchange
- Far East Square
- Hong Lim Complex
- Nearest MRT Station
- All devotees are encouraged to exit from Maxwell MRT Station Exit 1 & Exit 3 (Thomson – East Coast Line) to enter the viewing sectors of the Maha Kumbabishegam.
- Bus Services
- Services 61, 80, 145, 166 and 196 will skip bus stops along South Bridge Road, Neil Road and Tanjong Pagar Road from 11 Feb 2023, 11.00pm to 12 Feb 2023, 6.00pm.
- For more information, please refer to the website of SBS Transit and SMRT Buses.
For more details on the poojais, please contact the Temple office at Tel: 62234064
Maha Kumbabishegam 2023
The 12-year cyclical redevelopment & restoration works of Sri Mariamman Temple, a National Monument has been completed. The Maha Kumbabishegam (Consecration Ceremony) of the Temple and its Deities will be held on Sunday, 12th February 2023 during the auspicious time of 7.25 am to 9.15am. Devotees are invited to witness the preceding ceremonies, poojais and the Maha Kumbabishegam. We wish all devotees to be showered with the Divine Blessings of Goddess Sri Mariamman on this auspicious occasion.
Yaagasaalai Poojai - 7-12 February 2023
The Yaagasaalai Poojai for the Maha Kumbabishegam will start on the evening of 7th February 2023 at 7:00pm and will conclude on 12th February 2023 at 6:30am. Devotees can take part as a group or individually in the Yaagasaalai sangalpam from 8th February 2023 to 11th February 2023 at 9:00am to 11:30am or 6:30pm to 8:30pm. The participation fee for the Yaagasaalai Sangalpam is $201. Devotees who participate in the Yaagasaalai Poojai will receive a blessed souvenir and prasadam.
Ratnayasam (Placing of gold and silver offerings onto Sanctum Dias) - 9 February 2023, 6.00am to 7.00pm
On the day of Ratnayasam, devotees can place specially prepared gold and silver foil in the pheedams (dias) of the Deities. One set of gold and silver foil is $51. To facilitate the Temple to purchase the required amount of gold and silver foils, devotees can place their orders earlier. The placing of gold and silver foil will take place from 6.00am to 7.00pm. We request all devotees to be punctual.
Yennai Saatruthal (Anointment ceremony) - 10 February 2023, 6am to 7pm
Anointment ceremony or Yennai Saatruthal (applying of oil on the deities) is a rare opportunity accorded to all devotees during the Maha Kumbabishegam. It will take place on Friday, 10th February 2023 from 6.00am to 7.00pm. Please be punctual as there are several other ceremonies to be performed after the anointment ceremony is completed.
Thiruvilaku Poojai – 11th February 2023 (Saturday), 6.00pm to 8.30pm
The Thiruvilaku Poojai is performed to bestow wealth on devotees, Temple and the country. It will be held from 6:00pm to 8:30pm on Saturday 10th February 2023. The participation fee for the Thiruvilaku Poojai is $151. Devotees will receive a blessed kuthuvilaku and soubagya prasadam after the poojai.
Thirukalyaana Seervarisai – 12th February 2023 (Sunday), 7.00pm
On the evening of the Maha Kumbabishegam, a special Thirukalyaanam will be performed for Sri Viswanathar – Visalakchi, Sri Subramaniar- Sri Valli, Sri Dheivanai and Sri Ramar-Seetha Devi. Devotees can take part in the Thirukalyaana Seervarisai. The Temple will provide the varisai package. The participation receipt for the Thirukalyaana Varisai is $21.
Mandalabishegam – 13 February 2023 to 1 April 2023
In conjunction with the Maha Kumbabishegam, Mandalabishegam poojais will be held for 48 days from 13th February 2023 to 1st April 2023 from 4.00pm to 7.30pm. It will conclude in the morning of 1st April 2023 with 108 Kalasabishegam for Goddess Sri Mariamman. Devotees can take part in the Kalasabishegam by obtaining the $21 sangalpam receipt. After the abishegam the Kalasam will be presented to the devotee as a blessed prasadam.
Sangabishegam – 13 February 2023 to 22 March 2023
In conjunction with the Maha Kumbabishegam poojais, 108 Sangabishegam will be conducted every morning for 38 days for Sri Mariamman from 13th February 2023 to 22nd March 2023. Participation fee for the Sangabishegam will be $1,001.